6 April, 2018 – Kuta, Bali – Day 3 – Banking Emergency

I decided to try something new for breakfast. Still don’t know what the red and green stripped item was. Tried it, don’t need to try it again.

We had planned nothing for today, but knew we needed to get some cash, if nothing else. And we wanted to book a private tour for tomorrow. We decided we would walk along a brick path that we had seen. It ran along the ocean, the beaches and resorts.

After 30 – 45 minutes we came upon the shopping mall. Have I mentioned lately how HOT and HUMID it is here? We couldn’t wait to get inside to cool down. Most of our walk had been in the full sun.

They do a security check as you enter the mall from the beach side. Scan and inspect bags.

Took us a while to find the bank machines as they were well hidden. When we did, there were so many different ones, that we had no idea which ones were safe and compatible with our bank. I had been using my TD Canada Trust card since the beginning without issue. We tried one machine, no success. Tried another machine, still no success. And another with no success. Another guy came along and got money out no problem. What was going on with my card? Finally decided to try my Scotiabank card and was able to get some cash out, but was limited to the equivalent of Cdn $50 plus a $5 service fee. Something wasn’t right. The day we had gone to the Flower Dome in Singapore, they guy at the ticket booth had swiped my card and asked for my signature. I had freaked out about this as my card was set up to use a PIN to prevent fraud. This was the first time I had tried to use my card since that day. We would now have to somehow get in touch with the bank to see what was going on.

We looked around inside the mall, knowing we couldn’t buy anything until we had figured out what was going on with my bank card. Here were baskets full of Mangosteen and Snake Skin fruit. There was a Baskin Robbins and a Starbucks in the mall. PLUS right outside the door was a Cold Stone Creamery!!! My favourite. And we had no money!!!!

Saw this shirt. Today was definitely a SHITDAY! A no money SHITDAY!

Walked around the town for a bit. So many scooters, we could almost be back in Vietnam.

We were just so hot that we decided to go to Starbucks and get a couple of French Vanilla Iced Lattes. It had been a while since we had had them and we needed them. Yes needed them.

Crazy people that we are, we decided to walk back to the hotel along the water again. Actually, we had no idea how else to get back. Maybe we would get some shade by now. Or maybe not.

The beach up here was nicer than our hotels beach. Not far from our hotel there were a lot of rocks. There were even a few surfers out.

When we got back to the hotel, we tried the bank machines in our area. No luck there either. Definitely will have to try and contact TD Bank.

It has been a while since I had seen weird flavours of snacks, but I found some.

Got back to the hotel and tried to contact the bank. I was having no success and so went to the front desk to see if they could possibly get through. They told me how to do it and went back to our room to call their operator. She tried 3 times and got nothing but a busy signal. This was not helping my stress level. It was Friday night here and early Saturday morning back home. Couldn’t do much else about the banking situation right now. Will have to try again.

We had dinner at the hotel again tonight, but we sat beachside, instead of in the actual restaurant area. View of the sunset was amazing.

Doug had fish and chips and I ordered Bolognese Linguine. No drinks tonight. I say I ordered Bolognese Linguine because all I got was the linguine part. There was this adorable kitten/cat that was roaming around and looked to be starving. I kept giving it all the meat that was in my dinner. It was heart breaking to see. I didn’t need the meat but this little thing certainly did, and vacuumed it all up.

We headed over to the Flavaz Cafe inside to order dessert. We had discovered that they had half price desserts after a certain time of the day. Plus, they had more choices than the restaurant did. I got a slice of German Chocolate Cake and Doug ordered a banana smoothie. The cake tasted great. Plus I was still a little hungry, since kitty got all my dinner protein.

By now it was 7:30 pm and time for us to head back to our room. We had a big and busy day tomorrow. Good thing part of that tour was already paid for and I still had enough cash to pay the rest!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s